Devdutt Padikkal respond to his hundred

IPL 2021: Won't Mind Missing Out On Hundreds If I Am Helping Team Win, Says Devdutt Padikkal




RCB batsman Devdutt Padikkal said he was keen to contribute to the team's win after he missed the first game of the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) season due to COVID-19.

He made a comeback in the second game against SRH after getting affected by the virus before the start of the season.

The left-handed batsman scored an unbeaten 101 to help RCB register a thumping 10-wicket win over Rajasthan Royals here at the Wankhede Stadium.

Padikkal said at the post-match presentation "It's been special. I could only wait my turn. When I was down with COVID, all I was thinking of ways to come here and play the first match here. I couldn't do that but was keen to contribute to the team's win,"

"The ball was coming on really well and we got a good start. When you get into a partnership like that, it helps as runs come from both ends," he added.

Padikkal scored his 101 runs in just 52 balls with the help of 6 sixes and 11 fours while Kohli played the second fiddle and smashed 3 sixes and 7 fours in his 47-ball knock. The India captain also became the first batsman to complete 6,000 runs in the IPL.

When he was asked whether he was nervous as the century came closer, he responded "Not really, that's what I was telling Virat to go for it. For me it's not about getting to a hundred, I wouldn't mind missing out on hundreds as long as I contribute to the team's wins,"

RCB are now back at the top of the points table after winning all four games. They will next take on Chennai Super Kings on Sunday.



 

Adven World

Author & Editor

Has laoreet percipitur ad. Vide interesset in mei, no his legimus verterem. Et nostrum imperdiet appellantur usu, mnesarchum referrentur id vim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not enter any spam links in the comment box.